Monday, May 12, 2008

Mama Rocked Her Time Out

Maybe running away from your family to spend Mother's Day weekend with one of your best friends and miscellaneous gays (two of whom are also great friends) is not the conventional way to celebrate, but it sure brought this mama back to life. Sure I missed my little boy to the point of tears when I saw those little red Radio Flyer wagons at the Lilac Festival. Sure I probably could have gone without eating a sausage with peppers and onions at 2 a.m. And, in all honesty, Ambrosia Salad is not the most beautiful or talented drag queen I have seen. BUT the laughter, reminiscing and catching up was tonic for my sometimes-feeling-too-old soul.

I would share some photos, but I left my camera behind. I did, however, return home with a purse full of condoms. So that might give you an idea of what kind of fun I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

ShareThis