Wednesday, October 15, 2008

3 Days, 60 miles. Piece of cake.

In less than three days I am walking in the Philadelphia Breast Cancer 3 Day in honor of my maternal grandmother who died in 1980.  I am walking with my friend who's  maternal grandmother passed away earlier this year after her own struggle brave battle with breast cancer.  3 days, 60 miles of walking.  It is a little crazy, but seemed much easier eight months ago when I signed up for it. I have about $500 more to raise towards my $2200 goal.  I am not as prepared as I might have wanted to be, but we're doing it.

I like challenges and trying new things and adventure, so this is perfect for me.  And for all the negatives I could check off, there are going to be five pluses (or more).  So, yes, I'm going to miss my boys and it might rain and I have to sleep in a tent and probably be tired and hurting when it's all through.  But you know what?  It's also a vacation from my every day routine.  It's exercise.  It's a chance to enjoy the October landscape with one of my very best friends.  It's time to be something other than partner, mother, worker, blogger, etc.  And I can't wait. 

So if you don't see a post here for several days, you'll know I'm off traipsing around the City of Brotherly Love, basking in all the pink Sisterly Love I can handle.

Don't forget to feel your boobies.  It could save your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

ShareThis