3 P's in a Pod is having a giveaway in honor of her 500th post. Here's my entry.
1. Typically, what time do you wake up?
2. On a good night, what time are your kids in bed?
3. How long have you been a mommy?
Almost 2 years.
4. How old were you when you became a mom?
5. What is your favorite kids T.V. show?
Sesame Street or Yo Gabba Gabba
6. What is your least favorite kids T.V. show?
Thomas and Friends
7. What is your favorite chore?
watering the garden
8. What is your favorite meal to cook?
Vegetarian quesadillas and avocado corn salad
9. What is your least favorite meal to cook?
Anything that requires touching raw chicken.
10. What is your kids' favorite meal?
Broccoli and macaroni and cheese
11. What is your favorite thing your husband does with your kids?
Takes him out of the house!
12. What are 5 things that make you smile when you are being a mom?
My son's giggle. Hugs and kisses. Waking up to "mama! mama!" watching my son accomplish something new. Watching my son and partner play together.
13. If you could take your kids anywhere, where would it be?
When my son's a little older I would love to take him on a cross country trip for the summer. I did it over 10 years ago and it was life changing for me.
14. When was the last time you went out without your kids?
Just this past weekend I went for a walk with my girlfriends. On Mothers' Day weekend I went away for the weekend without my kid and partner, and it was fantastic.
15. What is your favorite pastime/activity to do with your kids?
I love to take him for walks in the woods.
16. Name one thing you said you would never say as a mother.
"I'll give you something to cry about." I still haven't said it and I really don't think I will.
17. Name something you do, that your mom did.
Call my kid "Petunia".
18. What is your favorite quality your mom has?
My mother is open-hearted and open-minded.
19. What is your favorite kids book?
The Very Hungry Caterpillar
20. What is your favorite advice for new moms?
Sometimes they just cry.
21. What is your most heartbreaking moment as a mom?
I really can't think of one. Thank goodness.
22. What is your most joyful moment being a mom?
The first time my son said "I love you".
23. When was the last time you told one of your kids you loved them?
About an hour ago.
24. When was the last time you were told?
My partner told me this morning when he left for work. Like always.