Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tuesday Toot - let your freak flag fly!



I am proud that I haven't nagged my partner about removing his shoes from the living room. There are now three pairs; there were four a little earlier today. I'm not counting or anything. I don't understand why taking the shoes upstairs is so challenging, but in the grand scheme of life it really doesn't matter. Sure they have been there for several days. But really, only a weirdo would obsess about it. At least now we don't have a coffee table to cover with crap. That used to be a bone of contention between us.

And you know what? I keep my shoes piled by the back door. Usually only two pairs at a time, but there have been three to four.

So what's your weirdo obsession that your partner doesn't understand?

3 comments:

  1. My husband does the SAME thing!!! I can't stand when he leaves his shoes downstairs. Or his shirts. I mean really, how hard is it to bring them up with you when you go upstairs? Or atleast bring them to laundry pile in the other room!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny you mentioned this...about "partner's not understanding.." I used my husbands lunch tote the other day to take my kids on a picnic. THe next day when he was making his lunch he went ballistic because he found a smooshy wet glob of crackers in the side pocket. I told him "it's not the end of the world". TOday when I went to make his lunch I couldnt find his lunch tote. I asked him where it was, he told me he threw it away. WEIRD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I disagree over how the hand towel should be folded in the bathroom. When he is done with it he folds it his way, then later in the day I go and change it back. It has, was and always will be this way - Oh well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

ShareThis