Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Great Day Care Decision

Well, due to several factors and some good luck (hopefully) we have decided on a daycare center for our boy. We are lucky that we found a place literally down the street from our house that had just one opening left. The price is reasonable and it feels and sounds like a good place for us. The boy cried when we left after our interview/tour. He liked it that much...and there weren't any other kids there at the time.

I feel torn about the decision. I want to go back to work (desperately) but I also know that I will miss the long days with the boy doing whatever we want. I know that being with other adults and children will be good for his overall development. I have a good feeling that he will be cared for and respected. But in my heart I still feel (know) that no one can love him like I do. But here we are on the verge of two, so its time for the little one to test his wings. It's time for me to start letting go and letting him be.

But like all times of change it's both exciting and scary. But there hasn't been one great thing in my life that didn't make me feel that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

ShareThis