Friday, November 2, 2012

Holiday Backpack Project Part Deux

So last year I had a dream and it came true. We collected 32 backpacks full of toiletries and necessities and donated them to the 32 men at one of the shelters of the Student Run Emergency Housing Unit of Philadelphia. It was one of the most important things I have ever done. Important to me and my sense of my place in the world. Important because I think I showed a lot of people (me!) that little people can do big things.  Important because I learned that my village is as awesome and loving and powerful as any foe. My village kicks ass. For sure.

So anyway...I'm doing it all over again. This time its for all the guests of all three shelters (still waiting to get the final count on that). But for now I'm going for 60. 60 backpacks full of goodness and love. This year I want to add handmade greetings to all the bags. So, if you would like to contribute a card to the cause, let me know. If you want to donate items to the backpacks: sweatshirts, toiletries, hats, gloves, crossword puzzle books, snacks, hand warmers, etc. Just fill out this form. Lots of details on the form.

I'll write about the projects progress and my thoughts and feelings along the way.

I have no idea if I can do this, but I am going to do it. I am just going to make it happen. Because my village is amazing and all things are possible if you just believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

ShareThis